Junior Drupal Developer
Junior Drupal Developer - Consultant/Contractor
Our Client is revamping its intranet with a redesign and migration to a content publishing site on the Drupal 7 platform. Construction of the new intranet site is almost complete; only modifications and enhancements are needed from this point forward. The intranet is a high‐availability site with more than 50,000 visits per month, serving roughly 8,000 employees.
This position will serve as a back‐end Drupal developer responsible for assisting with site development and documentation, transfer of skills to staff members, and supporting the server environment.
Candidate will work on development, system administration, and troubleshooting in a multi‐stage Windows (WISP) environment. This individual will work closely with product owners, developers, and functional teams to define needs, evaluate alternatives, and analyze and solve problems.
- Quickly come up to speed on the current state of development and be able to identify and implement system improvements proactively
- Modify existing or build new site features and support content migration
- Contribute to QA / QC planning and help perform QA / QC tasks efficiently
- Ensure appropriate site integrity across multiple environments (e.g., development, staging, and production) throughout rolling build, test, and publish cycles
- Work with internal team to plan and execute a seamless site rollout in early 2013
- Support the server environment, including operating systems, SQL Server, Drupal 7, PHP, and other systems software
- Mentor staff on Drupal 7 and related technologies; produce site documentation to facilitate skills transfer
- Provide technical recommendations on Drupal, modules, and related technologies
- Work to automate system administration and site provisioning tasks
- Work to develop appropriate site monitoring and performance metrics to identify and mitigate problems before they happen
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 2+ years of experience working on high‐traffic, high‐availability, complex Drupal sites on WISP; at least 1 year with Drupal 7
- 2+ years of experience working on content management and publishing sites with workflows and roles
- Experience working efficiently in multi‐stage environment (e.g., some combination of development, staging, and production)
- Experience maintaining PHP, Drupal 7, and modules on WISP
- WISP stack administration skills, including knowledge of configuring these systems for high availability such as IIS configuration or SQL Server optimization, etc.
- Custom module development and integration with core API, Views, Taxonomy, workflows and roles
- Clear and concise verbal and written skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Fluent in Microsoft Windows environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Experience configuring the Drupal Workbench module
- Experience optimizing Solr search engine with Drupal
- Theming / CSS experience
- Experience implementing and configuring JQuery
- Experience optimizing Drupal site for analytics- Knowledge of industry standards and best practices for content management systems
Must be able to pass criminal background check and drug test!